WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

TruthInTheBible - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* TruthInTheBible > Topics

Subject: A Biblical Question
Replies: 21 Views: 1165

sinfree 11.08.11 - 04:01pm
In your understanding do you believe we need to be baptized in water to be saved?
do you believe we dont need water baptism to be saved, but we should be bc we were commanded to by our Lord to do so.
how many times should a person be baptized? *

my_road 12.08.11 - 08:43pm
is it really necessary, thats the thoughts i get. see with church u gota do all these extras lol but i find u can be close to god anywhere. see this is where im open minded i step back and question it all in hope to get the bigger picture with it. *

sinfree 13.08.11 - 06:12am
I believe we dont need to be baptized to be saved, however we should be bc we are commanded to do so. *

ronycal 13.08.11 - 04:49pm
You don need baptism to be saved... I resisted gettin baptized for 7yrs till I came to hear Jesus reason. He never needed baptism but did it anyway to fulfill all righteousness. *

karendr 15.08.11 - 03:57am
Then peter said unto them repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38 *

karendr 15.08.11 - 04:02am
Also read Romans chapter 6 *

iilmadme 15.08.11 - 06:50am
Ive not been water baptised yet but it is sumthin i intend to do.I dont think that ppl realise how disheartening it can be to hear that they sumhow cant accept u as fully christian until this ritual is dun.However that wont ever be my reason for doing it,in fact that wud be more likely to put me off doing it as getting other ppl's approval isnt wat interests me *

sinfree 15.08.11 - 09:49pm
@karen Acts 2 doesnt say u need water baptism to be saved, in fact, if u read Acts 10 u will see gentiles received the Holy Ghost before water baptism. *

sinfree 15.08.11 - 09:53pm
@illmad have ppl really rejected u bc u havent been baptized n water? that would be truly sad. what makes u a christian is what is n ur heart not water baptism. *

iilmadme 16.08.11 - 12:23am
Ive really not been rejected at all,far from it.But it can feel frustrating,especially becuz it is actually sumthin i want.If i find coming up agenst brick walls frustrating i cant imagine it is gud for anyone seeking.They need to know why they want to do this,not just that they must do this *

airwalkr 16.08.11 - 12:36pm
Define saved... *

karendr 17.08.11 - 03:29am
Jesus was speaking to nicodemus and sAid to him jesus answered veRily verily i say unto Thee except a man be born of water and of the spirit he cannNot enter enter into the kingdom of God. *

karendr 17.08.11 - 03:40am
for God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved John 3:17 *

airwalkr 18.08.11 - 01:06pm
Saved from what? *

sinfree 19.08.11 - 04:42pm
I believe the Bible makes that pretty clear @air saved from eternal d*mnation, but He doesnt only save us from d*mnation but also from the wrath to come. 1Thess 5:9 *

sinfree 19.08.11 - 04:45pm
the wrath i speak of can be found in Revelation. *

airwalkr 22.08.11 - 02:14pm
And what causes us to be d*mned? *

airwalkr 25.08.11 - 04:56pm
Lol ok your taking a long time to answer. I'll just skip to the final question then. What's the difference between being saved and baptized? *

ronycal 26.08.11 - 12:06pm
Baptism is an act of open declaration of the regeneration work that is already takin place. Being saved is the assurance that one gets after believin in the complete work of Jesus Christ on the cross and in the person. Salvation precedes baptism and not the other ya round *

sinfree 31.08.11 - 04:03pm
which kind of baptism u speak of? there are seven scriptual new testament baptisms. *

airwalkr 2.09.11 - 07:10pm
Lol start with water work through fire, maybe include suffering at the end. Aw heck just touch on them all. *

way2go 18.09.11 - 06:32am
Water baptism, full immersion,is necessary as a Christian to please God. Jesus commanded it. Part of being saved is obedience.Also, Acts 2:41,says ''Then they that gladly received his word were baptized..'' KJV Christian water baptism is actually an outward symbol of a complete and unreserved, unconditional dedication to God,through Christ. Peter in 1 Peter 1:21 says ''The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us..''KJV, So it is important once we repent and turn around to walk in another direction.That is what conversion means. As for receiving holy spirit,yes,a person can have it before baptism but there is a difference to the situation with Cornelius,and those with him. The holy spirit came upon them to show Jewish Christians that God had accepted gentiles. That's why they were astonished when they saw it. But Cornelius and the others were baptized straight after.- Acts 11:48. So part of being saved is baptism because it is a command from Jesus- Matthew 28:19,20. *

* TruthInTheBible Forum

Search:
topics replies

* TruthInTheBible

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search