TruthInTheBible - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* TruthInTheBible > Topics

Subject: Which Bible
Replies: 15 Views: 1205

mandy74 6.08.11 - 05:53am
Do you read, KJV or NIV? And why? *

sinfree 6.08.11 - 06:12am
I use the KJV, the reason why is because its the best Bible there is. Modern age bibles omit and add words, verses, change meanings, etc and thats a big no to the eyes of God. Deut 4:2 *

airwalkr 8.08.11 - 01:11pm
Lol KJV actually a NKJV at the moment. Looking at the various groups pitting their logical minds together against scripture and trying to reconcile and force meanings in those ancient texts to fit deductions that they have come to has been a heartwrenching endeavor that I gave up on long ago. It's seems more and more bibles are being translated according to scriptures based off westcott and hort. Literally they went through with a black marker and turned the text to look like a CIA document handed over to congress. *

airwalkr 8.08.11 - 01:23pm
The main questions concerning what kind of bible has always been: what text is it based off of, and what was the intent of the committee or group compiling that text. A lot of bibles fall short in the first category simply because newer bibles being released seem to want to hide what they are based on. This creates a problem when trying to research where the bible came from let alone why they decided to make that version of it. *

sinfree 8.08.11 - 03:18pm
NKJV? That bible removes the word hell 23 times and replaces it with shoel and hades, (read what the words mean in pagan beliefs), the word devils, plural, is also omitted, also the word Godhead, omitted. now these things may not mean anything to you,bc u know about the deity of Christ, u know there are devils and not just one, u know what the diffrence between pagan ideas and christianity are, but what about those who dont know? God made a law, do not add or subtract, it should be followed to the very last period, we dont need a bibl that waters down the truth, we need one that is all about the truth no matter how hard it seems. the kjv does. *

sinfree 8.08.11 - 04:18pm
and i hope u dont feel as im attacking u @air I just wanted to point that out, God bless. *

airwalkr 8.08.11 - 04:22pm
That's why I said I read it. Not whether it was the best or most accurate. Yes I have that understanding and know there is or will be a hell. But I also know that in some of those places Sheol and hades were referring to the grave. For most new believers the language barrier itself is overwhelming. But as any believer grows the Holy Spirit will probably guide them to search for a deeper understanding *

airwalkr 8.08.11 - 04:55pm
That hunger for a deeper understanding should make them ask the questions. Like why does it say eagle and not angel in revelation in my bible. *

ronycal 8.08.11 - 08:07pm
I read both NIV, NKJV NASB, TEV... This is because English is like my -th language and sometimes reading them all the word hell- gehana is jehanamu in swahili which happens to be my 1st language *

iharaira 9.08.11 - 04:29pm
Shalom ! I read the Hebrew English paralell Bible . It use the NIV for the English part. *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:17pm
use a few bible translations. not a fan of old 400yr old english that no1 speaks today. *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:19pm
theres book i would recommend Truth in Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New Testament *

unquiet1 23.08.11 - 12:20pm
book compares nine translations (from the King James Version to several 20th century translations, including the New World Translation, which i prefer the most), not with each other, but with the original Greek of the New Testament.

This is an excellent book not least because it is written for the public who have an interest in the subject of accuracy and bias in English Bible translations. but also because the same public rely upon English translations to understand God's Word today. *

newbee 18.02.13 - 04:03pm
I prefer KJV coz it is authorised version & clear to undertand. *

newbee 18.02.13 - 04:05pm
Lol. . . I meant clear to understand *

way2go 7.06.13 - 06:20pm
4oo year old English is not always clear to understand, plus the KJV removed the Holy Name of God, JEHOVAH, in all but a few scriptures. Not only that, but 1 John 5;7,8, was altered to make it look like it speaks of a trinity, which it doesn't. Bad. As for the word 'hell', again it is used to mistranslate a number of words that mean different things. Plus the hell and hellfire doctrine is of pagan origin, and NOT a bible teaching. REVELATION 20:13,14, shows how 'hell' is emptied of all in it, and it is thrown into the ''second death''of ''the lake of fire'', along with ''death'' itself. A false doctrine which was absorbed by apostate churches after the time of the Apostles. *

* TruthInTheBible Forum

Search:
topics replies

* TruthInTheBible

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search